We’re looking for senior researchers to join our enthusiastic team and work on developing the CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing platform for clinical applications.
About the position
We announce a two-year extendable senior researcher position in the Haapaniemi group. Our aim is to build a gene editing platform that can be used to correct patient-specific mutations in ex vivo cell therapies for genetic immune and other rare childhood diseases.
We use high-throughput biology techniques to optimize, develop and understand the CRISPR-Cas9 system that forms the base of the platform, and develop and implement methods to evaluate its safety in a clinical setting. We will use the gene editing technologies for the benefit of the patients in the Nordic hospitals.
The work tasks will depend on your interest and scientific background and will generally include one or more of the following:
- Design and conduct custom CRISPR experiments and screens
- Design and optimize high-throughput biology experiments in robotics platforms
- Set up custom Next Generation Sequencing libraries and technologies
- Set up flow cytometry – based immunological assays
- Set up functional assays for immune cells
- Supervise students and technicians in designing and conducting molecular biology experiments
- PhD with postdoctoral research experience
- Documented research experience in one or more of the following fields: immunology or stem cell biology, high-throughput biology and/or Next Generation Sequencing method development
- At least one published first-author paper
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Experience with any of the following techniques: multi-color flow cytometry, immune cell culture and transfection, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation
- Experience in genetic analyses
- Python, Perl, R or other relevant programming language skills
- Organized, meticulous and independent
- Ability to communicate and work in shared multidisciplinary projects
- Willingness to supervise students and staff
- Salary NOK 524 900 – 615 800 per annum depending on qualifications
- An exciting, translational project where your strong basic science background can directly benefit our sickest patients
- Opportunity to shape a new laboratory
- Upon mutual agreement, the possibility to transition into a permanent researcher position
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply?
If this sounds like you, go ahead and apply – we look forward to hearing from you! Applications are done via Jobnorge’s website.
Application deadline: March 1, 2022
If you’d like to ask us anything before applying, contact us.